Effectively marketing your small business is one of the many tasks you are faced with as a small business owner – this also means that you need to stay on top of the new and emerging small business marketing trends to capitalize and capture your intended audience in person, print, and online.
5 Alarming Stats About Small Business Marketing
Based on a recent survey of small business owners by Infusionsoft, 2017 Small Business Marketing Trends Report, many small businesses are well behind current marketing trends and are missing out on the benefits of a strong marketing strategy to support their business initiatives. Here is what they found:
1. Small businesses are ill prepared for digital marketing – 1 in 5 small business owners don’t plan to use any digital marketing in 2017.
2. Small business owners are doing double duty – About 50% of small business owners are CEO and CMO. Only 22% have the help of staff members to assist with marketing initiatives.
3. They are not tracking marketing efforts – 47% of small business owners don’t know if their investment in marketing is paying off. Less than 40% use website analytics tools to track marketing efforts.
4. Small business marketing lacks diversity – Less than half use digital ads, SEO, and content marketing, and less than one-third plan to spend in these areas in 2017.
5. Only half of small business use email marketing – 44% of small business owners surveyed plan to use email marketing in 2017.
It’s clear by these statistics that small business owners are still failing to realize the importance and value of investing in marketing. The good news is that it’s never too late to get started.
Where to Start – 2017 Small Business Marketing Trends
If 2017 is going to be the year where you decide to invest in marketing, it’s important to invest in areas that will provide you with the best return. Here are some of the top marketing trends for small business:
• Content marketing – People want high quality content, so give it to them
• Marketing automation tools – Make things easier on yourself by automating some of your marketing
• Influencer marketing – Word of mouth marketing is an excellent lead generation strategy
• Going mobile – People have gone mobile, and your website needs to go mobile, too
• Video marketing and live video – Video continues to grow at an exponential rate
• Email marketing – It still provides one of the best ROIs of any marketing strategy
One trend you cannot afford to fall behind on is investing in reliable business insurance to protect your business. Get a free business insurance quote today!
More Small Business Marketing Tips and Advice
Ready to brush up on your marketing skills? Looking for new ways to promote your business? Check out these informative small business marketing blog posts: