Working from home has its benefits. It’s convenient, relaxed, and satisfying; however, there are also countless distractions that can cut into your level of inspiration — and motivation. From resisting the temptation to hit the snooze button on cold winter days to coping with cabin fever, working from home isn’t always easy especially if your business involves little human interaction on a regular basis.
Keeping your focus is particularly difficult when you’re not accountable to your boss or colleagues. When you answer to yourself, it’s easier to make excuses and let things slide.
Here are 5 proven tactics guaranteed to rev up your internal drive, and boost your inspiration when working from home:
1. Establish a professional network: Networking is one of the most important parts of running a business, especially if you work from home. Being an active part of industry and community groups will not only help grow your brand. Surrounding yourself with successful and likeminded people will also help keep you feeling motivated and inspired. You may even want to consider getting a career mentor – they can be a great source of inspiration.
2. Have a regular routine: One of the perks of working from home is being able to do what you want, when you want. That being said, it’s really important to create a routine that works for you. Establish office hours, and stick to them, and create a detailed schedule will help keep you on track and motivated, especially on days when finding inspiration is proving difficult.
3. Set weekly, monthly, and yearly goals: Goals and objectives give you something to strive for. If you run a business out of your home, set revenue goals, try to beat your previous month’s sales, and set targets for the number of clients you want to acquire that month. Create small challenges designed to keep you committed to driving your business.
4. Hit the gym: Exercising regularly is actually tied more to inspiration than most realize. In fact, people who workout during the day are actually more productive, even when they spend work time exercising. According to researchers, “This increased productivity comes, on the one hand, from people getting more done during the hours they are at work, perhaps because of increased stamina and, on the other hand, from less absenteeism owing to sickness.”
5. Reward yourself: Who doesn’t like being rewarded for hard work? Having a weekly or monthly reward for achieving defined results is a great way to challenge yourself and keep yourself inspired. It can be something as simple as a going out for a meal at your favorite restaurant or indulging in your favorite snacks. The rewards are up to you.
One thing that should inspire all business owners is that we can help you save money on your home-based business insurance rates. Contact us today to get a hassle free home-based business insurance quote.