Having a LinkedIn profile is a necessity for any professional today. It’s also an essential for small businesses to have a company page. While small businesses by the millions have embraced Facebook, many still lack a presence on LinkedIn, which could be limiting online networking and prospecting opportunities. In fact, only 57% of companies are using LinkedIn company pages – so there is ample opportunity for you to make an impact in your industry.
Why LinkedIn Makes Sense for Small Business Owners
LinkedIn offers small business owners two great ways to promote. You can promote your personal brand via your LinkedIn profile, and you can promote your business brand on your company page. However, the biggest advantage is that you can cross promote between your personal profile and company page to expand both networks.
Why You Should Have a LinkedIn Company Page
Having a company page on LinkedIn provides your business with increased online presence and additional point of access to your business. It’s another place where customers and business partners can connect with you.
• It showcases your company brand, products, and services
• It provides you with another page that can be added to search engine rankings
• It offers insightful analytics about who follows your company and how they engage and interact – giving you ideas for the type of posts/content they are looking for online
• It provides you with a platform to promote news about your business, new products, job openings and more
• It helps you establish credibility with customers, and within the business community
• It provides you with another channel to market your products and services
The Statistical Case for Creating a LinkedIn Page
If the above reasons haven’t already got you thinking about when and how to create a LinkedIn page for your small business, then these stats surely will. According to Buffer Social:
• LinkedIn generates the highest visitor-to-lead conversion rate (2.74%) - 277% higher than Twitter (.69%) and Facebook (.77%).
• Employees are 70% more likely to engage with a brand’s company updates – this helps you get more eyes on your posts
• People are spending more time on LinkedIn – More than 50% of LinkedIn users spend more than two hours per week, with 11.8% spending a whopping 8 hours or more on the platform.
How to Set Up a LinkedIn Profile
The good news is that setting up a LinkedIn company page is simple. To get started, visit LinkedIn Add A Company.
LinkedIn provides the steps required to set up your page:
- Move your cursor over Interestsat the top of your homepage and select Companies.
- Click Createin the Create a Company Page box on the right.
- Enter your company's official name and your work email address.
- Click Continue and enter your company information.
Check out this video for some easy to follow instructions:
uBiz is on LinkedIn! Check out our company page.
While you are setting up your LinkedIn company page, take peace of mind in knowing we have your business insurance covered. Get a hassle free home-based business insurance quote anytime!
Please be advised that information provided is for general information purposes only. Under no circumstances is uBiz liable for any loss or damage (including without limitation indirect or consequential loss or damage) arising from loss of data in connection with the use of said website.