If you haven’t already, you need to kick your holiday marketing campaign into high gear because your customers are already shopping. With as much as 20% of your total annual revenue coming in during the holiday season, it’s vital that you take advantage of this time of the year.
What the Numbers Say About How People Shop During the Holidays
According to a recent survey of consumers conducted by Signal:
• 47% of consumers started thinking about gift ideas before November.
• 1 in 5 consumers primarily browse for gifts using mobile devices.
• Holiday retail sales on smartphones jumped 96% during 2015 and are expected to grow 50% in 2016.
• 43% of shoppers say digital ads on a website or app influence their gift buying.
• Shoppers are likely to take advantage of tailored product recommendations through email (55%), a retailer website (52%), and mobile ads (42%)
Based on this data, it’s clear that having a strong online presence across multiple platforms and tailoring marketing messages to various user segments is essential to reaching revenue goals this holiday season.
Seven Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Marketing Campaign
1. Have a clear objective: Set clear and measurable goals for your marketing campaign. Ensure you have everything you need to accurately collect the data you need for analyzing how your campaign is performing. Check and assess your campaign throughout the holiday season and adjust if needed.
2. Plan ahead: Learn from last year and modify your campaign accordingly. Allow time to create graphics, update your website, print promotional pieces, hire extra staff, etc.
3. How will you promote your holiday campaign? There is no shortage of ways to promote your holiday campaign. Explore mediums that your target customers would likely use from radio to social media to website advertisements. Choose images and copy, while being true to your brand, will stand out and appeal to your customer base.
4. Engage your customer base: Consider rewarding your loyal customers, engage the occasional shopper and attract new consumers through incentives such as discounts, samples, coupons and/or referral programs.
5. Segment your marketing: Target customer segments with content that is relevant to them. Don’t treat all your customers the same, because they’re not.
6. Make sure your website is ready: Update your website to support your holiday marketing campaign, including your shopping cart to allow for special holiday coupons or codes. Ensure your server can handle any additional website traffic.
7. Measure your efforts: Keep track of what is and, more importantly, what isn’t working and adjust your campaign accordingly to maximize the effectiveness of your holiday efforts.
Simple Yet Effective Holiday Marketing Ideas That Work
Looking for ways to generate more buzz and increase sales? Try these:
• Get in the holiday spirit – share holiday-related content online
• Create a buzz-worthy display
• Offer free shipping
• Offer bonus gifts cards or cash back offers
• Extend your hours
• Offer creative holiday packaging
• Encourage customers to interact with your brand online
While you are busy capturing those extra sales this time of year, you can take peace of mind in knowing that we have your business insurance needs covered. Get a free business insurance quote anytime!