As a small business, you are a member of your local community, and one of the best ways to get involved and get your name out in the community is through local sponsorship of events, charities, and local sports teams and organizations.
We all know that giving back is important, but this doesn’t mean you can’t give back and still have it benefit your business at the same time.
You may be thinking, is there really a benefit to sponsoring a local organization? Will it really bring in more business? Couldn’t I spend my marketing money in a better way? Local sponsorship can help your business in a variety of ways:
- Give back to the community: The first, and best, benefit is that you can give back to the community. Helping others is a great way to build goodwill. Plus, you can make a real difference in someone’s life.
- Brand exposure: Each time you get involved in sponsorship it is an opportunity to gain more visibility for your brand. Through things like having your company name on uniforms, advertising, and signage, more people will become aware of your business.
- It helps your business’ reputation: People in the community will take notice of your company’s involvement which helps others create affinity for your brand.
- People are more willing to pay attention: It’s no secret that people have become apathetic towards marketing messages in mass media. However, they are more likely to pay attention to your brand and check you out because you are indirectly marketing in a non-traditional way that is helping to better the community.
- It’s affordable and a good investment: Local sponsorship is much more affordable than other marketing options. You can invest very little or a lot – whatever makes sense for your business.
- Networking opportunities: Getting involved in local sponsorship is also an opportunity for you to network with other small businesses and community groups.
- Tax incentives: Depending on the type of organization you invest in, you could qualify for tax breaks, especially if you sponsor a local charity or non-profit group.
How Do I Make Sponsorship Work for My Business?
The key is to make sponsorship work for you. Here’s how:
- Start small: Love basketball? Sponsor a local team. Have a soft spot for a local community group? Volunteer your services. This is the beauty of local sponsorship – there are countless ways to get involved, and you can contribute at a level that works for you.
- Choose organizations you believe in: Working with an organization that you have an interest in and believe in will generate better synergy for your business. Choose organizations that are in alignment with your company mission and your personal values. Remember, sponsorship is not always about what you can get out of it but how much you put in.
- It’s not always about money: Giving money is not the only way to get involved in sponsorship. If you offer products and services that an organization can benefit from, you can donate these. For example, if you are a t-shirt maker, you could donate sports uniforms to youth sports teams.
While you are busy making a difference in your community, you can take peace of mind in knowing that we have your business insurance needs covered. Get a free business insurance quote anytime!