If your business doesn’t specialize in a warm weather product or service offering, the odds are that you experience a downward trend during the summer.
Business Lulls Are an Opportunity to Recharge
For small business owners this is an opportunity to take time to recover and recharge from busier periods during the year. It’s the perfect time to take a vacation, reduce working hours during the day, or cut out early on Fridays when the weather is nice and the beach is calling your name.
They Are Also an Opportunity to Get Ahead
However, when business is quiet, it’s also an opportunity to catch up on things you don’t have time for when you are busy with clients. You know, the blog posts you have been meaning to get around to eventually, the new marketing plan you wanted to tackle, the new website design you wanted to launch, or getting a quote for business insurance!
The lull you experience during the summer is the perfect time to work on your business and do some business planning for the year ahead.
How to Make the Most of Lulls in Business
• Shorten your to-do list: While it’s doubtful that you will EVER be able to completely eliminate your to-do list, slower times provide you with the opportunity to make a dent it in. Start at the top, and begin working your way down the list.
• Do something you have always wanted to do: Has there been something that you have always wanted to do, but never had the time? Perhaps it’s a promotional event, providing some extra training for your staff, implementing a new content management system, or even adding credibility to your consulting website.
• Work on the business instead of in the business: There is a big difference between working in and working on your business. Most of us get so caught up in the day-to-day operations that we seldom have time to work on our business. This can be a big mistake. So, when you have some extra time, it’s always good to work on your business:
• Perform some industry and competitive research
• Identify ways to better service your customers
• Invest in programs and processes to improve efficiency
• Update your business goals
• Refine your business focus
• Plan your social media and marketing for the coming year
• Hire that person you have been meaning to hire
• Don’t forget to take some time to yourself: Even though it’s hard to step away and not think about business, you need a break. Take some time for yourself, decompress, and relax. You’ll be amazed how much more productive and focused you will be once you take some time off.
Avoid a Lull in Coverage by Getting a Business Insurance Quote Today!
Even if you don’t experience a lull in the summer, you will likely have one at some point during the year. Use this time wisely, to recharge and also to work on making your business better.
One thing you should never have a lull in is your business insurance coverage. Contact us today to take a look at your policy and to provide you with a hassle free business insurance quote. Get a free business insurance quote anytime!